We provide advanced spinal correction utilizing "state of the art" chiropractic techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic have we been able to provide the level of help and expertise that now exists. These newer correction methods are even safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As a Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Gary Van Skyhock has years of training and experience in spinal adjustment.
KST & Manual Manipulation
Dr. Gary and Dr. Jason both uses a very particular form of adjustment called Koren Specific Technique (KST). This technique is an advanced form of chiropractic care that utilizes instrumental adjustment. KST is especially beneficial for those who have reservations about the *snap*crackle*pop* methods used by other chiropractors. KST consists of 3 phases:
- Challenge: Your entire structural system is analyzed and scanned for subluxations.*
- Check: Your body provides binary neurological biofeedback to reveal where you are subluxated.
- Correct: The doctor adjusts your body into its correct position, usually with an instrument.
Not every subluxation can be treated during one session. Your body can only process so much change to its physical structure at once. Thus, it is normal to need several adjustments before you can feel relief from your pain, especially if you have been feeling this pain for years. However, people generally notice a feeling of ease and well-being after receiving a KST adjustment as the stress on their nerves has been released. Overall, responses to KST vary greatly and it is important to note your reactions.
Dr. Jason also employs manual manipulation, one of the most well known forms of chiropractic adjustments. He offers both KST (a.k.a. instrumental adjustments) and manual manipulation as a way to reach each patient's individual needs.
*Subluxations are distortions in your spine and body structure. They arise from physical, chemical, or emotional stress or trauma. Subluxations can cause physical and mental/emotional malfunctions. They are often associated with pain, weakness, loss of energy, and disease of all types.
In addition to chiropractic adjustments, our office employs the Pettibon System to ensure optimal functioning of the human body. Pettibon encompasses several types of therapy including cervical traction, wobble chair, decompression, intersegmental traction, body weights and more. Each therapy has a specific purpose, but the overall goal is to get your body to function at peak performance. Every patient at our office receives a specialized Pettibon therapy plan, tailored to their specific needs.
The Pettibon system prepares your body for your adjustment, loosening and warming up the muscles, allowing the spine to be reshaped more easily. The exercises assist your body in "holding" the adjustment(s) longer. In addition to magnifying the effects of an adjustment, Pettibon also helps to:
- prevent and rehabilitate injuries
- strengthen muscles
- increase range of motion
- realign the spine closer to the center of gravity
- correct posture
- increase blood flow
- restore cervical arc
- relieve tension on spinal cord
- re-hydrate/re-inflate discs to reverse rapid aging and keep discs young and strong
- assist in healing of disc bulges and tears
- circulate cerebral spinal fluid (CSF), which nourishes the brain and spinal cord
- enhance oxygenation of blood, necessary for disease prevention
- stimulate metabolism
- massage heart (via central tendon), which reduces chances of heart attacks
- re-stimulate endorphin production